Letting a property can be challenging at the best of times. But if you are new to the process or live abroad it can seem particularly daunting. Even simple tasks, such as collecting rent or arranging minor repairs can be a major hassle — while managing the transition between old tenants and new is almost impossible if you’re not there.
At BruceRae, we know that better than almost anyone — we’ve been looking after international and UK-based clients and their properties since 1993.
The process begins with a consultation at the property, when we will discuss rental levels, tenant type and what to expect from BruceRae. So, what can you expect from us?
- Your property will be marketed on our website, on the letting websites that generate most leads, and by a ‘To Let’ board
- An Energy Performance Certificate will be arranged — this will last for ten years and is in compliance with current legislation
- We will co-ordinate annual gas and electrical safeties, and Homes of Multiple Occupancy licensing where applicable
- A full inventory of the property and its contents will taken
- We will arrange viewings — always accompanied by a member of the BruceRae team
- We will vet potential tenants thoroughly
Then, when the new tenant is occupying the property:
- We will transfer the deposit to an approved Tenant Deposit Scheme provider in compliance with current legislation
- We will collect rental monthly and forward funds electronically to your bank within five working days of receipt
- We will take a common-sense approach to repairs notified by tenants, and keep you informed at all times
- Regular routine inspections will be carried out — we’ll feedback the results to you
- We’ll co-ordinate insurance claims where necessary
- And, at the end of the lease, we’ll check-out of the tenants… and start the process all over again